TVHS offers intensive (one-day) and immersive (two-day) teacher residency programs. We are excited to share lessons learned from a decade of utilizing project- and problem-based learning and integrated curriculum design.
We are pleased to offer teacher coaching for teams or individuals who are actively engaging in this process. Intensive teacher residency is $130 per person; immersive teacher residency is $250 per person.
To plan your visit, contact School Outreach Coordinator Sarah Fiess at (518) 862-4958.
Day 1 Agenda
- An overview of project-based learning and the principles and practices of TVHS.
- Instructional rounds (observations of classrooms in action).
- Project rollout (work with one teacher to explore how to launch/implement project-based learning).
- Student panel (Q&A with 3-5 TVHS students describing their experiences).
- Lunch on your own.
- Facilitated brainstorming; supported work time (begin planning PBL).
- Meeting with business liaison to discuss opportunities to increase authenticity.
Day 2 Agenda
- Shadow teacher in content area for 2-3 hour block.
- Follow-up with 30-minute shadow teacher meeting (debrief).
- Facilitated project development.
- Share project ideas to extend community networks with group.
- Establish follow-up opportunities:
- Coaching by video-chat.
- Online workshops.
- Virtual support (sharing through Master Teacher network).